[bct] Re: optacon

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 03:53:26 -0800

Richard Oehm still repairs optacons for a reasonable price, and recently sold a totally reconditioned one for a good price; he was actually able to use existing parts to rebuild one; the array wasn't quite up to factory specs, but it worked, and somebody grabbed it faster than you could blink an eye. So, there is hope for us stubborn dedicated optacon addicts. Keep checking the magazines for people selling them; a friend bought one that had just sat for decades, but it works just like new for her and she treasures it!

There is also an optacon e-mail list which is fairly quiet, but once we get going on an optacon topic, we are not shy about speaking up. Available optacons for sale are posted there too. The list can be joined by sending a message with the word subscribe in the subject to:

I think Don Bishop still moderates it unless he's got someone assisting him.