[bct] Re: nod32

  • From: "Djd" <daredevil221@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:06:50 -0600

Nod32 catchs just about anything that has tried to invade my computer. What makes Nod32 so good also is its huristic scanning. That is, its ability to detect virus-like behavior in a file even if there are no virus signatures detecting that file to be infected. Nod32 was the first to catch the Melissa virus, or at least I think that's what it is called. It was for sure one of the major ones out there. You can also submit files to their labs that seem suspicious for further testing. It may not have hot keys like some other competing products, and it might not have a free edition, but as far as I'm concerned, you're getting what you pay for..A program that is very light on resourcs, and works fast. basically once you set it up with its automatic updating and all, you can pretty much forget it's even there.
If you need help setting it up or anything, write me off list.
From David