[bct] new member

  • From: "Sabrina Markel" <louisiana-rain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:00:54 -0500

Hi everyone,
My name is Sabrina.  I'm 28 years old and live in Florida.  I'm originally from
Louisiana but moved to Florida when I was a small child.
I've been blind since birth.  I still live with my parents but am very
independent and can take care of myself.  The only problem I have is
transportation.  My parents both work and we have no public transportation
where I live.  There's a place called ride solutions but they pick favorites to
pick up and see me as a bother.
I don't have a social life and there is no organization where I live.  I'm in
the house most of the time and I know that's not real healthy but I don't have
a choice unless I move out but I'm not financially or mentally ready for that.
No job opportunities here either.  I'd sure love to work so I can move out and
live in my own apartment and get myself a kitty cat since my folks won't let me
keep one here.
I suffer from severe depression but am working on getting off this medication
cause I'm tired of taking them and my stupid shrink is being a total pain in
the neck.  I'm single and would love to meet some singles in my area which is
Palatka which is an hour from St. Augustine.  I also love listening to
podcasts.  I hope to start my own someday.
Well I think that's all for now but I'm glad to be here.