[bct] new member

  • From: "Missy Hoppe" <melissah@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:37:16 -0500

Hello, all. I just joined this e-mail list a couple of hours ago. I've
downloaded a number of archived pod casts over the past couple of weeks,
and have enjoyed listening to them a great deal. If nothing else, I've
learned that I'm way behind when it comes to adaptive tech and other cool
Thanks to the good old  bureau of services for the visually impaired, I'm
getting ready to upgrade from Windows 98 SE to Windows XP Pro with service
pack 2. Although I know that in the long run, the upgrade will be a good
thing, I'm more than a little nervous about the actual upgrade process. I'm
not sure what to expect, and am worried that I may be without a computer
for an indefinite period until everything gets set up properly.
If anyone is interested, I'd love to provide a few pod casts at some point:
I could do a demonstration of Mobile Speak cell phone screen reader if one
is still needed, and there are probably other things I could demonstrate or
discuss if people are interested. I just am a bit worried because I've
never done this type of thing before and don't want to mess up too
Anyway, sorry for the rambling message. Perhaps I'd be best off waiting to
participate in this community too actively until I get my computer out of
the stone age. :)
I've got some questions pertaining to a number of topics, but will post
them in separate messages with relevant subject lines. Thanks for reading
my rambling introduction, and I hope that everyone is having a great day!