[bct] Re: need a bit of advice or help.

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:41:53 -0800

Here are the answers to your four questions, preceded by the question:

1, do I need to add the [bct] part to the subject line on an email to the
No; it appears automatically when the e-mail posts are sent to the recipients.

2, what process do the reviews people post go through in order for them to
appear on the site?
This varies depending on what you are comfortable using--FTP or the web. Most people probably upload their files to the fTP site; the site is: ftp://bct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the user ID is bct with password submit. You may or may not need the ftp:// prefix.

You could also send them via http://www.yousendit.com or another similar file submission site, but I suspect most people use FTP. There are a lot of FTP programs out there that let you access an FTP site as if it were another disk on your PC; you could then cut and paste the file to the site with little effort, but for most files the transfer is not instantaneous; it takes a while since audio files are large.

3, do I need to have a pod cast in order to do a review or not? I don't have
one myself.
No podcast is necessary to do a review; just create an MP3 file and send it up to the site. There are lots of ways to create MP3 files.

4, how do people go about getting comments to people about reviews they
E-mail is the easiest way; e-mail to the list or send a direct message if the reviewer puts their e-mail address in their review.

I hope this is some help. Verifications, clarifications, etc. are of course even more help if I didn't explain something correctly or clearly.