[bct] my thoughts on the situation, was Moving again?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:49:17 -0500

Hi. Ok, i don't really want to seem rude when I say this because i don't want to seem ungreatful. However, having 2 lists for this community, project, idea or whatever you'd like to call it, seems really silly to me. I run a list on Freelists, and I have never had any problems with Freelist's tech support.
They should have more tools and facilities available to them than one person running a list on his own. Plus having 2 lists just creates fragmentation and confusion among the list members. Is this really what we want? Seems to me the answer is no. If some moderation on this list is done, i mean ssome serious moderation is done, then we won't have the need for 2 lists. Again, I do not want to seem ungreatful to Chetan for offering to set this list up again on his own server, but to me it's not necessary. we haven't had nearly as many problems as we did before. If this keeps happening where people are just setting up their own lists, then what? We really don't need to be spread all over everywhere folks.
Let's just appoint an actual moderator for this list who will put his/her foot down when necessary and we won't need all these other lists to be created. Do you guys realize that for a short time BCT had 3 lists up and running all at once? 3! 1 here on Freelists, one on Chetan's server and one on Yahoo, which to this day I still don't understand the reasoning for.
Let's stick to this list here and appoint a moderator and just have done with it already!
Ok, off that fabled soap box. I've had my say. Thanks for reading for whatever it might be worth.