[bct] music podcast

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:00:34 -0800

Thanks for your comments about the music podcast. I had no idea that other
blind and visually impaired people had similar experiences. I thought mine were
different, because I've always heard of blind people who had supportive friends
or supportive family or supportive teachers. That podcast took a lot of
post-production editing because when I recalled a lot of things it took a while
to figure out how to say what needed to be said, and even when it was finished
I realized I could have taken out a lot of the longer pauses; it was
challenging to do. The fun part was finding the selections to play. The one at
the festival is called Rise Up My True Love; the composer is listed as
"William" which is apparently the person's last name. I can't find any
reference to that music in some of the listings I've checked but I'd love to
know if it has been recorded professionally. That performance was really the
major highlight of my rather mediocre high school experience.