[bct] Re: music and DS2

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:42:21 -0500

Great Mary!  We're looking forward to hearing those.

The newer Olympus recorders have both a hold slide switch and a power
slide switch.

>>> maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:21:25 PM
Hi all,

Wow, more music! Send it on up! I just sent a couple carols up there. I
finally found a simple stereo patch cord that I can connect from the
stereo to the DS2 and it records quite well. I wish I'd found it a
couple days ago, then my last podcast would have sounded better; but I
guess we all have to learn from experience. This sounds so good that I
will probably just record a bunch of stuff to the DS2 and then convert
them to MP3's instead of the original plan.

Speaking of the DS2, I've had two instances when the batteries drained
during a week or so of not being used. I suspect the machine never
really turns off. I thought that using the hold switch would totally
stop the battery drain but I guess not; I could be wrong though. I think
the newer machines are supposed to have on-off switches.