[bct] Re: movies and other things

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:55:44 -0800

Hi group,

What's your favorite Christmas movie or movies? It would be so much fun to find
out which ones you like, whether classics or modern. My choices are:

(not necessarily by preference)
A Christmas Story, about a boy growing up in the 1940s in the midwest who wants
an air rifle for Christmas and goes through all the traditional holiday stuff
we can all identify with.

The Santa Clause, because it brings out the kid in me every year.
I have Santa Clause number two, but it doesn't seem to measure up to the first
one.

all the Peanuts holiday movies; I grew up with them and despite the obvious
flaws when the kids couldn't get their lines right, they just bring back some
great memories, even the great pumpkin!

I bought some Christmas books from Seedlings Braille Books for Children and
love those; just ordered The Nutcracker and can't wait to read the fairy tale
described in the music. A couple years ago I uploaded Truman Capote's A
Christmas Memory, One Christmas and The Thanksgiving Visitor up to Bookshare; I
got them in one hard cover book and scanned them in and proof read them to get
the errors corrected. That's one of my very favorites. I didn't much care for
other stuff he wrote, though.

I do love Dickens's Christmas stories; he wrote others besides A Christmas
Carol, and they are quite good.

What's your vote?

Mary