[bct] Re: more thoughts on hearing

  • From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:35:11 -0800

I've been impressed with how easily I can hear a wall on Larry's right in a
couple of the podcasts with his new microphones.  The wall I can hear on
Larry's walk has a more flat one-dimensional sound than it would live, but
I'm even able to hear it without using headphones.  I was out walking to an
appointment today and I was paying attention to hearing cars passing by and
how easily I could tell if they were moving from back to front or front to
back.  It's definitely not as easy to judge direction of movement on a
recording.

Bill