[bct] Re: more thoughts on hearing

  • From: "Onj" <onj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 09:35:32 -0000

They made me do that crap too and I definitely hated it.
I don't even have light perception, yet they wanted me to wear something to cover my eyes. Very annoying.
Also not on the topic of hearing, but touch, I hate to wear gloves. I find I can't fully function outside with them on, yet in London where it's cold, parentals always want you to put on such things. I'd rather suffer the cold though personally.

If I absolutely have to wear a hat, then it has to be something that's not obtrucive like a cap, because there's nothing to cover my ears, because I have whatever it is that means I can hear objects, so object perception is a good enough name in my opinion.

That sort of thing comes through very well on binoral recordings too, so I wonder whether people without it, if they listen to a binoral recording, pick up on it clearer than they would if using their own ears.
It's worth an experiment to try.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Skutchan" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxx>