[bct] Re: more thoughts on hearing

  • From: "Mike" <mgpjcole@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:43:50 -0800

Hi, Facial vision is an old term. Folks have long tried to figure out why we
are so
good. Sighted folks couldn't fathom why blind folks were so able to get around.
of us old folks went all through school without canes, not because we were
brave. We
just didn't own them or think much about them. Adult blind people, when we were
enough to meet up with them seemed proud of their cane use. I for one used a dog
relatively early, when I was 13, but I didn't take the dog to school. I suspect
was called facial vision was a combination of all our perceptual action, reading
wind, hearing, sun, air pressure changes, and don't forget even small amounts of
residual vision. Oh and don't forget how tactily sensitive our eyes are,
whether or
not they deliver visual images.

Hey people thought the world was flat and some of them were down right sincere