[bct] Re: more thoughts on hearing

  • From: "J Garcia" <j.garcia235@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:04:54 -0800

I agree. This superhuman sound reflection phenomenon you are talking about
is what is commonly known to the rest of the world as hearing. Think about
it, you are describing the process of making a sound, refining the sound
around you to hear, and using it to determine whether or not something is in
your path or not. All human beings who can hear can do this at birth or
learn it as well as enhancing it throuout their lives. I do the opposite of
what you are describing and don't intentionally make sounds with my cane
when walking as I can more easily determine where I stand in terms of
walking through a hallway--absolutely no special powers necessary--maybe
some training. Semantics, semantics, semantics.

J Garcia