[bct] Re: more thoughts on hearing

  • From: "Don Barrett" <donter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:53:33 -0500

As I understand it, object perception is related to the air pressure on the
ears; things sound differently as you approach them.  If you don't believe
this, put a trash can over your head and you will see a noticeable
difference in how the silence sounds.  If you plug your ears, all object
perception goes away.