[bct] Re: more thoughts on hearing

  • From: "M. Dimitt" <jamdim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:58:47 -0700

Neal:
Excellent example! I think when parents tell their children not to ask questions of people who are different, they could be unknowingly making that child afraid of people with disabilities. I understand that parents don't want their children to offend, but if they can see that the person doing the answering doesn't mind, then perhaps they could let it happen. Or if they're not sure their child should be questioning someone, they might want to ask that person if it's all right. Thank you for the story.
Sincerely, Jamie D.