[bct] Re: more on the Sandisk player

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:00:58 -0600

Actually, if you want to use the Ipod, I find a program called anapod is
much more user friendly and will let PC users easily download music and
audible books to the shuffle.  Check out

As for the Sandisk player, I have a 1 GB unit but you can get smaller
ones.  The audible books are not in a separate folder, it's just that
when you put other non-audible MP3 files on the player, you can not play
the audible books until you erase the other files.  I think this is done
by design.  As I said in an earlier message, if the book were in the
list of files on the unit, you would skip to it as you would any other
file, but like other files, you would land at the beginning of the book
and not where you left off.  The fact that the book is not playable in
this way means that when you erase other files, you are at the same
place in the book where you left off because you have not accessed it
while scanning through your other files.  At least, this is my
experience so far.