[bct] more on the Sandisk player

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:30:59 -0600

I wanted to check something on the player and my wife had it until this
morning.  I had said that when you were playing audible books and
pressed either the rewind or forward, that you were not able to hear the
speech passing by as you scanned through the book.  As I had to load a
plug-in for the player in order to play audible books and had not played
other MP3 files after i did that, I wanted to check and see if you could
hear the scan when playing non audible files.  You can.  What was
strange is that when I added an MP3 music file to the player, I could no
longer find the audible book.  That may be that I simply don't know how
to go to different folders or something like that, but it is possible
that it is the case that when you have both audible books and other
files on the player, you may only be able to hear the audible file.
I'll do more playing around with this when I can have my wife look at
the display.

By the way, even after I connected the player to the USB port, added a
music file, played the file and then deleted the file, when I wend back
to the book, I was at the exact place I left off.  And now that I think
about it, this may be why one can not hear audible books when other
files are also on the player.  If you could hear both, you would simply
skip from the beginning of one file to another as you tapped the back
and forward button.  You would thus be taken to the beginning of the
book and thereby lose your place.  So, by not putting the audio book in
the list of music or other MP3 files, you are thus prevented from losing
your place in the book.

I hope this is at least as clear as mud and that this mud will help
someone decide if they want to buy the player.  I think we paid about
$130 for it at Best Buy, but I suspect one can get if for less on the
web.

Neal