[bct] Re: more on hybrid cars

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 11:20:38 -0500

I agree that a dog would be a better choice in these situations. But
even at that, as good as most of our dogs are, crossing streets is
still a team effort and the user is expected to listen for traffic.
I'm pretty sure at Leader that deaf/blind students are expected to
stand at street corners with signs saying that they need assistance
crossing the streets. It does sound like we really could be in serious
trouble. As I've said, even knowing that there is one here in town and
therefore probably more makes me uneasy. One is all it takes, and soon
they will be much more commonplace.