[bct] Re: more on Minidisc models

  • From: Stephen Clower <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Debee Norling <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 09:03:48 -0600

Hello Debee,

     That's a very good way of looking at it. But now I must decide which of
the three high MD units to purchase since they all seem to be the same, save
the NF610 which was listed as high MD on some sites. I'm off to the Minidisco
web site.

On Friday, March 31, 2006, 11:40:26 PM, you stood on a roof and loudly

> I have an MZ-NF610 and it is definitely not high-MD, it is Net-MD.

> I don't think the obsoleteness of minidiscs is an issue for me. My husband
> disagrees for the record. But obsolete in my book is good. You can pick up
> media cheaply on ebay when something (like beta-max or 8-track) is obsolete.

> My problem with the flash recorders is that  many have internal flash only
> so you need to keep dumping your recordings to the PC to clear them out. And
> if they have CF or SD cards, well those still cost more than minidiscs.

> My school has been trashing zip disks. And I've been dumpster diving. They
> make superb backup media and though the click of death can bite, many
> catastrophes can potentially befall a backup. The more I can back up without
> spending a fortune, the better in my opinion.

> --Debee

Stephen Clower
Email/.Net Messenger: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: AudioRabbit03