[bct] Re: more on Minidisc models

  • From: Stephen Clower <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Neal Ewers <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:53:03 -0600

Goodness. There are advantages and disadvantages to living in an age with so
many kinds of recording media available, and I truly don't know how to
interpret this fact. I think frustrating would be the most prominent word to
come to mind.

On Wednesday, March 29, 2006, 8:44:08 PM, you stood on a roof and loudly

> My guess is that mini disks are on there way out the door, but that is
> just a guess.  As I said in my podcast, with all the flash alternatives
> out there, I don't see how they can keep on keeping up.  In addition,
> they have copy protect built in to their software.  No flash recorder I
> have seen has this.  So, you can copy your own recordings or anything
> you want to copy as many times as you wish.  I'm not proposing that
> people steal other people's music, but to think that until the very
> latest minidisk software, Sony was not letting you even copy your own
> recordings more than once. I think that's going a bit too far.

> Neal

Stephen Clower
Email/.Net Messenger: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: AudioRabbit03