[bct] Re: more on Minidisc models

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:44:08 -0600

My guess is that mini disks are on there way out the door, but that is
just a guess.  As I said in my podcast, with all the flash alternatives
out there, I don't see how they can keep on keeping up.  In addition,
they have copy protect built in to their software.  No flash recorder I
have seen has this.  So, you can copy your own recordings or anything
you want to copy as many times as you wish.  I'm not proposing that
people steal other people's music, but to think that until the very
latest minidisk software, Sony was not letting you even copy your own
recordings more than once. I think that's going a bit too far.