[bct] Re: microphone comparisons

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:03:42 -0500

I was a little farther away from the sony mic, because if you hold it
too close you get popping p's. Even at that, the sound professionals
are more sensitive. I find I need to use them in dictation mode
consistently and I get good results, whereas the sony mic might work
better in conference mode. I agree that the Olympus ds-2 and the sound
professionals make a wonderful combination. It's just too bad that it
doesn't have at least twice the memory. I'm planning to record my
son's piano recital tonight with the sound professionals, but will
have to record at 64 kbps just in case it lasts for over an hour.
Still with this combination I expect I'll get a good recording.