[bct] Re: kitchensinc.net

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 12:04:05 -0800

Hi all,

I thought Jim Kitchen's games were designed for old DOS machines. Any recent
version of Windows XP probably wouldn't run them; just because there's a
command prompt doesn't mean it's a DOS box. I suspect that DOS is gone forever;
Windows XP is not designed to run with a DOS code base as most previous Windows
were. microsoft deleted most traces of DOS deliberately. In fact, you cannot
boot XP in DOS mode unless you do some procedures to make it happen, none of
which I know since I have no need for them.

Mary