[bct] Re: jfw question

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 04:25:08 -0600

Certainly, you can set different voices for each application you wish.  Just do
this.

1.  Access the application for which you wish to set a default voice.

2.  Now, press insert+j to access the JAWS window.

3.  Next, press alt+o to access the options menu.

4.  Now, press v for voices submenue.

5.  Now, chose either global or individual from this menu.

6.  Next, when you first tab in to the menu, you will notice two buttons,
default and application.  when you get to the application choice, JAWS will say
the name of the application for which the voice settings you are about to make
will apply.

7.  Set the voices in both global and individual to your heart's content.

8.  Now, press okay.

    You will notice that the next time you open the application, the voice and
settings you selected for that voice will take effect.  They will revert back
when you close the application.

    HTH.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,