[bct] jaws focus issues

  • From: "CB" <cnoc78@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:38:55 -0600

Hi all,
I have a weird problem here I could use some help with.
I am running Jaws 7 with media center 2005 and everything was working fine and
then I some how fried my hard drive.  I replaced the hard drive and reinstalled
media Center and Jaws.  Now Jaws will stop reading desktop icons, folders and
files, and items in list boxes and such.  Jaws will also not read lines in
WordPad when I arrow up and down.  If I close Jaws and restart it it will then
work again.  I can not figure out what is causing this because sometimes
it will work great for hours and then sometimes it will stop after a few
All my settings under display and folder options are set to Jaws friendly
settings and tech support at Jaws said they had no idea.  I also updated my
card driver to the latest version.
The only thing I can think of is that my video card was also damaged when the
hard drive fried.  Any help or suggestions would be great.