[bct] inviting guests into the chat room with us?

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:51:50 -0800

Hi list,

I am wondering if it would be ok to invite a guest into the chat room to chat
if there's room; where I live, there's a policy that when the pool is open, a
resident can invite one guest, and one guest only; that policy does not extend
to the fitness center or other facilities. Just wondering about how others feel
about guests in the chat room; should we maintain the exclusive use to BCT
members? If we invited guests, would that open up a  potential problem of too
many unknown people, or can we assume we can trust each other to use
discretion? And what if the guests choose to invite their friends and use the
room without us? That could turn into a night mare in which all of us BCT folks
wouldn't be able to get in the room due to the guests taking over. I have a
friend who can't use Skype because her computer is too old, but I'd love to be
able to chat with her in some way. What do the rest of you think? Larry, this
would be a good subject for one of your walk-with-Jake ponderings.

By the way, it was great chatting with some of you last night. It amazes me no
end that we can talk to people all over the world just like they're in the same
room. Awesome!
Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson