[bct] Re: interview with Michael Moody of NLS

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:04:46 -0600

Well, what can I say.
Monica does have a good point. See, what I did was I found something she was interested in, and played part of the podcast to her over the phone. But without even knowing it at the time, I had played just a little of it, which made her want to find out what happened next and listen to more. At the time I just wanted to show her just a minute or so of it. I think that may be what someone, I dunno who it might be, might need to do for Ed, to show him, actually show him what it's all about. We were just on Skype a bit ago, and Monica suggested that maybe if someone put one of Lary's or someone else's podcasts on a tape and sent it to Ed, with a note about what it was to show him how powerful podcasting can be and what it can do for him, maybe he'd begin to at least understand the potential of it. understanding all the mechanics of it is something that may have to come around later. After all when you've lived life for a while without the internet and you hear some of the stories, and you see things, well like things that happened this last weekend, they can definitely be scary to someone who not only doesn't understand screenreaders, windows, or the net. So it's gonna be a bit of a jump. Maybe Ed will never make it, but then again you never know!

At 09:58 PM 3/21/2006, you wrote:
Nice going Monica.  I couldn't have said it better, so I won't even try.