[bct] Re: hybrid cars

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 19:12:23 -0500

Dan, actually, even the gasoline engine may be quieter in some cars
because some have a graduated gear ratio so there is not a very high
revolution when you start.  They just start off slowly and build up as
they go faster.  I'll know more in a few days, but this is what I
remember from riding in my friends car and having her tell me about the
gasoline engine.  So, when going slow, these cars could be quite a
hazard even if they are using the gasoline engine.  I plan to record us
driving around and also do a recording in a few places outside the car.

Neal