[bct] Re: hybrid cards

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:02:11 -0500

Ah, good point.  I had thought about recording while I was in it, but
not having it go by.  The strange thing is that when it starts moving it
does it with the electric motor.  Then, at some point, the engine kicks
in but when you are going down hill, it often shuts off, and when you
stop for a few seconds, it cuts out.  There is no starter noise when it
starts, because the electric motor is what turns on the gasoline engine.
In fact, you don't put your key in the lock.  You just walk up to it and
it knows you have a key.  You press a start button, and then you step on
the gas, or in this case, the electricity.  The other interesting thing
is that the gears are graduated.  There are not 4 gears or 5, etc.  It
is like a cone and as you go faster the speed of the gasoline engine
gradually increases.  So, you hear no gear changing at all.  And the
gasoline engine itself is very quiet.  I can't wait to do this.  Thanks
for the clue about recording outside of the car.

Neal