[bct] Re: html editors

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:42:39 -0500

Hi. As I see it, you can go one of 2 ways. You can either use a feature-rich text editor or a fancier editor with templates in it. Both Notetab Pro and Ultraedit have clips of HTML that you can just paste around your regular text. Textpad can do that too, come to think of it. All 3 also support macros, so you can just press a hotkey to type tags or links you use often. All 3 of these program are fairly priced, mature shareware.

If you're wanting a more fancy tool with templates you can just put text onto and have it make the code for you, you might consider either Macromedia Dreamweaver or Microsoft Frontpage. You will pay more for these programs and can try a 30-demo of Dreamweaver if you like. I prefer Macromedia myself. If you use these kinds of editors, you'll probably want a sighted buddy to have a look at the finished product for you just to be sure you've got a good color scheme and font going. (smile) I hope some of this helps you.