[bct] help wanted with show notes

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 05:32:48 -0600

Hi,

Good very early morning to all y'all out there.

    Well, I am now very close to bringing back my own personal podcast; but,
I have some questions about setting up show notes.

1:  How do you write the show notes?  Is it a simple .html document which
bears the same name as the .mp3 file with which it is connected?  For
example, if I have a podcast called
testcast2.mp3, and that is also the title of the audio file itself, would
the show notes be in the form of a simple .html
document called tetscast.html; or, could I just type up the notes in notepad
and send it to the same directry on my ftp server and the text document
would be called testcast.txt?

Last night I tried the basic .html form and it didn't get published along
with the audio; so, I know that won't work.      One further thing.  Since I
have a blog on typepad, and I wanted to make
it possible for a viewer to download the mp3 file just in case they don't
have an aggregator like Juice, am I right in guessing that all I would have
to do is add each mp3 file's exact URL as a type list item; (or better yet
just a normal blog entry) so that clicking
on it opens up a download dialog box?  for instance, my podcast URL is:
http://raysworld.podbus.com
so if the file I want to link to is called testcast2.mp3 and the file is
right off the route I just indicated, would the path and the associated
anchor tag look like this:
here </a>
For some reason, typepad seems to need the www part for a link to work
correctly.
The link title can be written up in the process of adding the link item in
the type list; assuming I use a type list for that purpose which I doubt I
will.

    Any help or guidance you may wish to offer would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Ray