[bct] Re: hearing loss

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:02:13 -0700

Oh, most of the people I work with do not understand how I dislike crowds.
My dad had a stroke in 1999 and has a hearing deficit from that.  His wife
tends to want us to see him at noisy restaurants and in situations where I
know he cannot hear me.  He can read lips fairly well now but she tends to
keep him in situations where he cannot communicate well and tell us how
difficult he is being.  I know the situation, it drives me crazy but there
is little I can do about it.  Anyway, in his own living room he does fairly
well understanding, although he is not able to talk all that much.

Rose Combs