[bct] Re: hearing loss

  • From: "Anthony Rose" <santhonyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:13:10 -0600

Hi Mary.  Yes, I still have a good amount of the facial vision, something for
which I'm thannkful for every day.  I can tell the approximate size of a room,
and whether it's painted dark or light.  The dark seems to absorb more sound.
I have very good balance, which the doctors said I would not.  They also said
that I would be totally deaf by the age of 20, and I'm 34 now.  I have back and
leg problems too, and they said that I would be in a wheelchair by 1991, but
that didn't happen either.  We all have things that can hold us back, if we let

My desktop computer crashed on me last night, and I lost a vast amount of data,
an.  Now that, to me, is more of a disabler than the lack of sight or hearing.
*big smile*
I pulled out the laptop, and that's what I'm using now.  I bought it as a
backup, but never dreamed I'd actually have to use it for it's intended purpose.