[bct] Re: hearing loss

  • From: "Marsha Macchi" <marshamac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:30:48 -0800

Hi, Marsha here.  As a guide dog user of long standing, you don't have to walk
the marathon or run like the wind to think that a guide dog is not worth your
while.  I do not do a great deal of traveling at this point in my life but what
traveling I do is enough to warrant one.  I know of seniors who use guide dogs
to go to the store, go to the mail box or to go to their senior center or blind
center should they wish to do so.  As a home-based business as a medical
transcriptionist, I find it does me good to get out if nothing else but to go
out to dinner or go for a walk.  You don't have to be the consummate traveling
guru, going miles and miles and get on a bus every day, messing with the crowds
and getting on and off airplanes, trains and the like to get good use of a
guide dog.  Yes, you should keep them in practice walking even somewhat every
day but even a young dog can and does adapt to your lifestyle.  Hope this helps
somewhat.

Marsha and Lazarus