[bct] hearing loss

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:02:02 -0800

Wow! 90 percent in both ears is a lot, but apparently your inner ears are still
receptive to sound which is very fortunate for you. I don't cross busy streets
at all. After getting knocked down by moving vehicles a few times, I decided
it's better to be safe than sorry. Residential streets are quite easy if you do
it logically, line up in what ever way you can and if the sun is shining, just
keep it in the same place as you go and you generally can go straight across.
Unfortunately our corners aren't square, they are rounded, so it's tricky to
line up properly. Can you tell if you're near a wall or did you lose that
facial vision as they call it? I still have it on the left but not at all on
the right. I can be right next to a wall, on the right, and then my right hand
can run right into it and I don't even know it's there. Can you tell room
sizes? I can sort of do it but it's a one-sided deal. I miss being able to do
it because it was really handy to hear both sides and know how big a room was.