[bct] Re: health: holistic, all-inclusive, synergistic??

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:02:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mike,

Yes, I can see where you might want to list religions after shamanism, which is
an ancient form of contact between the spiritual and wordly realm.

Hinduism seems to be the religion from which we have learned most about aura, I
have found.  It actually has a very extensive cosmology and is the longest
existing religion in the world, as far as I know.  The Vedas are really
something - quite involved and complicated spiritual text.

China has the most extensive background on acupuncture, but remember the iceman
in the swiss alps?  He had tattoos over acpuncture/acupressure points - so this
knowledge is very ancient.  Now, exactly what happens when pressed or pricked
is still subject to interpretation, but apparently something happens.  Just as
when someone tells me they have a headache and I start doing reflexology on
their ear and they scream - and then say their headache is getting better.

Buddhism is very entwined with meditation, as is Hinduism and both do a pretty
good job of getting people to learn to breathe - more important than most of us
know - and relax.  Some of the meditations can really help with focus of the
mind or healing of the body as well as spiritual enrichment.

Buddhism, of course, is a philosophy, not a religion, although some Theravadans
seem to find it more religious than a mind science.  Buddhist processes of
meditation have morphed into Buddhist psychology which has morphed into
Dialetic Behavioral Therapy for the treatment of anger management and
borderline personality disorders as well as other issues of hyperemotionality.
One of the better books on Buddhism I've read are by a monk who is an atheist
Buddhist and another by an agnoistic Buddhist monk.  When the philosophy is
teased out it is really quite helpful to anyone of any religion.

I find Druidism to be more philosophy than religion, but it does have a hint of
religion to it.  I like the attention to nature, ancestors and high ones
(spirit realm).  Wicca is more like Catholicism.

Shamanic practice is - well, it is the basis of most all religion and spiritual
practice as that's where it all started at.

I did find your list really quite interesting and was impressed that you took
the time to do that reasearch.  (smile)