[bct] Re: headphone suggestions?

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:25:43 -0700

The only suggestion I have is a good powerful amplifier, turned up pretty high and a headset with a volume control which you could jockey. I have such a broot, a Pioneer 1980 which definitely has adequate power. I use it when I need to do the same, determine when a fade out is complete, and to make sure when I use SF that the sound that is being used to sample for a noise print does not contain material I wish to have eliminated.

Curtis Delzer

At 06:21 AM 5/8/2006, you wrote:
Good morning again,

Does anyone know of a set of PC headphones that will have enough amplification that I can hear things such as fade-out when working in studio recorder? Ihave at least three headsets, including a set of Sennheiser that plugs into a USB port, but the volume control on the headset is so low that I can't hear when something is completely faded out and I have to guess. I have the PC volume controls adjusted to max, and my speakers (admittedly, they are $35 JBL Duet speakers) don't have a loud enough volume for me to tell when the fade is completely out.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: <mailto:maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson