[bct] Re: having trouble installing talks on nokia 6620

  • From: "Jamie Pauls" <jamiepauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:57:29 -0600

This is a message from the Mobile Speak list, but it is my understanding
that the instructions apply to Talks as well.

You do not need to start PC Sweit first. You just need to highlight the file
and press enter on it. This will start the PC Sweit installer for you. Then
you just need to press enter on YES to send the file to the phone. After
that; The PC Sweit software will tell you to complete the install on the
At this point press Enter on the PC to close this window.
Now you need to pick up your phone and press softkey1 3 times followed by
down arrow for memory card and then softkey1 three more times. Place a 5 to
second between softkey1 presses. The above is true for installing either
screen reader. For the TTS. press softkey1 3 times followed by down arrow
memory card and then press softkey1 one more time. Again put a 5 to 10
second between softkey1 presses.
All the above is for a new install of the TTS and screen reader. This means
the phone does not have a prior copy installed. The install instructions
a little if their is already a version installed. Instead of pressing
Softkey1 three times and then down arrow; You would press it 4 times and
then down
arrow. True for the TTS and the Screen reader.
Signed: Stephen Giggar
block quote