[bct] Re: good question

  • From: Tim Cross <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:57:25 +1100

Hi jamie,

there is nothing on this planet as depressing as the endless job hunt.
don't let it get you down too much. Remember (here comes the cliche)
its there loss not yours.

Do you have a plan or goal with respect to work? Is there something in
particular you would really like to do? It can sometimes help if there
is a particular career or objective you want to reach because you tend
to be more interested in it and this shows in an interview. Are you
getting many interviews or are you being dropped before that stage?

While I understand your comments regarding dating a blind person
because they would be more sensitive to your needs etc, I think you
should just be looking for someone who can be sensitive, regardless of
blindness or not. The people you shared with in college were probably
just young and insensitive to others needs - people tend to be like
that when they are young. I've been very lucky in my life to have had
two long term partners (7 years and 10 years) and know that when you
meet that special one, you don't need to worry about sensitivity to
your needs etc. The right person will understand you and your needs as
you will understand theirs. The right person is that one you will meet
who will make you feel great and inspire you to be the best person you
can while you do the same for them. In the meantime, just enjoy life
as its unfortunately extremely short and we only get one go at it.

The good thing is that without a job or a partner, the only direction
you can go is up. You have little to lose, the world is your ....

oh damn, just dropped my braille copy of "The worlds best cliches"
volume 1. have to leave it there,