[bct] good Table top Radios

  • From: "Don Ball" <dball10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCT" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:40:51 -0500

Eva and I bought the cambridge sound works table top radio and we love it. I
did not purchase the bose because it has no buttons on the unit. If I lose
the remote I still want to be able to operate the system until I replace it.
I love the cambridge and it costs about $350. They have taken car technology
and put it in a table top radio and the results are nice. for example with a
menu button next to the volume control you can adjust treble, bass and
loudness by pressing the menu buttone once for each setting and you can
change that setting by rotating the volume knob. When you enter a station in
to memory you simply hold down the preset until you hear a beep and the
channel is saved in to memory. The system sounds very nice and the radio
works fine but you do hear some chip and display noise on blank spaces on
the dile. I feel that a radio shouldn't do that but the radio still has a
good receive.   You have a head phone jac on the front of the radio plus a
line in. There are also some jacs on the back for record out line in and AM
antenna. I hear that boston has a radio that will receive digital AM and FM.
I do like the cambridge and Eva have taken it to parties and other places
where we needed big sound in a small device. You all will love it. You can
find it at www.cambridgesoundworks.com
Oh One more thing. The CD player will play MP3 discs but I feel that they
installed a cheap cdplayer in the system. I hate the scan and review
functions on this CD player. Instead of getting a steady scan of audio
material you get audio hops when you are scanning. It is also hard to scan
backwards with the unit.  you feel as though you are using a pc drive when
you are trying to review. But I feel there is no better sound in a table top
unit.