[bct] getting manufacturers to care: was: Re: Re: Another Sonic Stage question

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:09:19 -0600

MessageI hate to say this; but, Jennifer's right about this one.  Now, the real
question seems to be whether Sony can do anything about it; and if so, how to
get them to care in the first place.  When it comes right down to the "bottom
line" I guess that's kind of the real question.  It's quite clear that the NFB
can't sue every manufacturer of products which are non accessible nor bring a
class action suit; for, to do so would financially bankrupt the organization.
Another thought is we maybe could get a bill passed which said that
manufacturers MUST make all their products accessible.  The problem with this
approach is that they would be unwillingly doing this as an obligation and
therefore, the effort would at best be only half hearted; if even that.  We
must try, I suppose, to persuade these manufacturers to take us in to
consideration.  Ah, but, there's the question.  Just how to do this?

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Home phone and fax:
Skype Name: