[bct] Re: further discussion of Ajax was Google Mail and screen readers

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 06:38:04 -0500

The problem with fear is that it must be backed up with something forceful, and we do not have that.

It seems more useful to hold out accessibility as an economic benefit to web site designers and internet companies. As the population grows older, as the baby boomers lose vision, they will need accessible things. Using the arguement that the more accessible a site is, the more business it will garnar is probably more effective than fear, though I admit that as a last resort, fear sometimes is the only way to get something accomplished. Mores the pity.