[bct] Re: further discussion of Ajax was Google Mail and screen readers

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:39:54 -0700

Hi Jennifer,

Yes. I was definitely aware of at least some of this great information. Despite all of the standards currently available, we continue to see newly developed software and web services that give absolutely no consideration of accessibility, followed largely by complete inaction once attempts are made to bring it to the attention of those involved. I'm just not sure how separate concepts like Accessible DHTML are going to work. It seems to me that the tools used by coders need to, as much as possible, generate code that is automatically accessible with little or no additional intervention required. Until this can happen, I fear we're pretty much stuck in most situations today. Isn't reality a huge bummer?

Thanks again for the good info.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jennifer Sutton" <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>