[bct] Re: ftp site

  • From: "Brent Harding" <bharding@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:58:27 -0600

I wonder if there is a service out there that could make things easier for all
of us? What I was thinking is sending files by email that get deposited in an
ftp directory. I know many ISPs don't let us send large files by email, but we
all hate our boxes exceeding quota because of them. The account that could
download from such a thing would have a password that isn't public and files
would get there by email. I'm sure it isn't hard to make, but I've never wrote
linux programs that could decode attachments sent to a given address and
deposit them in a folder.