[bct] Re: for a special friend/partner

  • From: "jamie crowell" <jcrowell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 19:34:21 -0500

Scott, I am so sorry you had to go through this today. It's almost as if
we're playing God when we half to do that. A year in a half ago, I went to
the Seeing eye where I received Omar, a black lab.  About a month after we
came home Omar started itching very badly and his conjuctivitis would not go
away. It turns out that he has year round allergies and I give him a shot
once a week. This is a life long condition and the school wanted me to
retire him, but I said no way!  I use the count-a-dose which is a tool that
blind diabetics use to draw their insolin into their needles.  We are both
doing great and I'm so glad I didn't retire him. I hope I never experience
what you have experienced today.  These dogs are the greatest friends in the
world and they give us so much freedom.