[bct] fitness equipment

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:50:16 -0800

Hi folks,

I wandered around in the new fitness center today and it was an experience! I
haven't seen such weird looking stuff in ages. It won't be so weird when I
figure out how to use it, but it was interesting finding out what all this
modern exercise equipment looks like. I suspect most of it is electrical. The
treadmill has three settings, and I haven't figured out how to turn anything on
yet, but you can bet I'll be sure it's set to walk mode before I start using
it! One of the bikes looks like a regular bike, but the other has a chair with
pedals in front of it; the chair alone looks tempting! The three-piece "body
solid" machine is totally confusing. I had no idea this stuff looks so strange!
It's new and different. I recorded my rather confusing first impressions, but
won't podcast it till I figure some things out. The bikes are "startrac" and I
am off to the Internet to see if I can learn something about them. There are
bound to be different models and types. So, if any of you have been brave
enough to learn to use some of this stuff, then any comments would be welcome.
I can imagine wandering around a gym would be really challenging; the fitness
center where I live is just a room that used to be the apartment office, so
it's not too big; maybe about 20 by 20 feet.

Mary