[bct] Re: don't do it!!!

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:19:10 -0600

Joseli, thanks for the warning.  I have to be very cautious when I am
installing any program that is going to relate to my sound card or audio
codecs.  I find some software venders, like iTunes for example, that
have the basic intent of thinking they know what is best for your
computer without bothering to look at other software you have that could
be corrupted with the install of their program.  It's like a sales
person calling you on the phone and asking you if you would like to
purchase something which could be harmful to your body but they don't
tell you that.  And, there is very little way I have figured out to know
whether a particular program will work without changing something on
your system.  The best one can do is make sure they have read all there
is to read about the software and even then, there is no guarantee.  I
don't mean to frighten people, but experience has shown that there is
software out there that will do exactly what happened to you or
something similar.  I guess that's why it's nice to set a restore point
before you load anything questionable on your system.  Normally, XP does
it for you before an install, but I always try to remember to set one
anyone just in case the system did not.  I'm sorry you are having such a
bad day.