[bct] distilled water

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 21:10:43 -0800

Distilled water isn't necessarily filtered although it can be run through post-filters to add a bit of taste from a carbon or other type of filter. Distilled water is boiled, and the steam is captured and cooled and then collected into your pitch or container. It's the same idea as what happened when the world was a lot cleaner, the sun shone and the water evaporated from streams, rivers, lakes and other sources, and was caught into clouds, where it condensed and then came down as rain.

Distilled water is wonderful, but the machines aren't; I found them difficult to get serviced, because the coils got clogged with the particles that were carried up from the steam process. You could clean the container that had the tap water in it, but some particles were always baked onto it also.

In one of my podcasts, I went into detail about what I use now, so won't talk about it here.