[bct] Re: disappearing e-mails

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:42:54 -0400

Ray -

Hmmmmmm...that does make it a weirder situation. Any chance that your hard
drive is filling up? If not, then you'll probably have to chalk it up to the
tech gremlins.

What I have experienced on occasion was that my server connection would fail
partway through my e-mail download and when I reconnected, I'd get second
copies of many of the messages because, apparently, messages are not deleted
from the server as each individual one is downloaded, but instead, are
deleted after the client receives all of the messages and sends a signal to
the server that it's now okay to delete everything. Obviously, though, this
isn't what's happening in your case.