[bct] Re: digital recording woes

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:44:13 -0600

After reading your message, I can come to but one conclution.  You're using
the wrong 1/4 inch connector.  It's likely the one you need is a mono
connector which only has a contact point at the tip; but, the one you're
trying to use has a contact point both at the tip and at a special ring just
a little way down the shaft of the connector; such as one finds in a stereo
connector.  Can you not lower the volume of the line level input?  What
about the master fader on the mixer?  It seems to me that if you can lower
the master fader on the mixer, you might make some progress.  barring that,
however, I'd suggest lowering the line level input volume or else the
attenuator cord you have.  Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Home phone and fax:
Skype Name: